This week’s meal plan focuses on vegetables. As the weather heats up it feels like the right time to make veggies a bigger focus on our plates. Plus it makes it easier to serve the kids a wide range of colors from the rainbow at each meal. They have been getting a little picky lately and the dinners this week are some of their favorites.
On a personal note, we recently shared with friends that we are moving to Canada. Toronto in fact. As we start sorting through our home, I found myself looking through my cookbook collection. There were some old favorites tucked away and I look forward to enjoying some recipes from them again. Which cookbooks are the must haves in your kitchen?
On the menu this week…
Monday: Veggie Fajita Tostada Bowl (recipe from Iowa Girl Eats )
- Everyone will get the same bowl and maybe this time our four year old will eat avocado slices
Tuesday: Roasted Shrimp with White Beans (recipe from Cooking Light)
- Serve over a bed of mixed greens
- Remember to soak the cannellini beans overnight!
Wednesday: Thai Chicken Salad (recipe) from Gimme Some Oven
- Such a winner topped with a peanut butter dressing. Switch to a seed butter for nut allergy households.
Thursday: Fajita Chicken Kebabs (recipe from Well Plated)
- This will be a great recipe to use up any of the vegetables we have leftover this week.
Friday: Pizza Night
- The timing for making your own pizza dough…start making it around 3:30 and then it will be ready after 4:30. Let it rise a little longer for a lighter crust.
For more inspiration, see three years of past dinner plan here,
3-day Reset Meal Plan
Subscribe to my newsletter and get a free 3 Day Reset Meal Plan.
Your digestive health is the starting line for your total wellness.
- 3 Day Meal Plan
- Shopping List
- Recipes for 3 meals a day, PLUS snacks!
About Emily Roach
Emily Roach is a culinary nutrition expert and works with clients to create a healthy lifestyle design. She loves teaching her kids how to cook, playing tennis and inspiring women to take control of their health. Emily does one-on-one consulting, cooking workshops and speaking engagements.