This week’s meal plan focuses on vegetables. As the weather heats up it feels like the right time to make veggies a bigger focus on our plates. Plus it makes it easier to serve the kids a wide range of colors from the rainbow at each meal. They have been getting a little picky lately and the dinners this week are some of their favorites.
On a personal note, we recently shared with friends that we are moving to Canada. Toronto in fact. As we start sorting through our home, I found myself looking through my cookbook collection. There were some old favorites tucked away and I look forward to enjoying some recipes from them again. Which cookbooks are the must haves in your kitchen?
On the menu this week…
Monday: Veggie Fajita Tostada Bowl (recipe from Iowa Girl Eats )
- Everyone will get the same bowl and maybe this time our four year old will eat avocado slices
Tuesday: Roasted Shrimp with White Beans (recipe from Cooking Light)
- Serve over a bed of mixed greens
- Remember to soak the cannellini beans overnight!
Wednesday: Thai Chicken Salad (recipe) from Gimme Some Oven
- Such a winner topped with a peanut butter dressing. Switch to a seed butter for nut allergy households.
Thursday: Fajita Chicken Kebabs (recipe from Well Plated)
- This will be a great recipe to use up any of the vegetables we have leftover this week.
Friday: Pizza Night
- The timing for making your own pizza dough…start making it around 3:30 and then it will be ready after 4:30. Let it rise a little longer for a lighter crust.
For more inspiration, see three years of past dinner plan here,
50 Snacks for Energy
Snacks for the whole family are important and deserve some planning. Moms need snacks too! Get my list of 50 healthy ideas to stock in your kitchen and plan them for yourself, and the lunch boxes this week. Skip the processed stuff and give yourself better quality food. Get ready for more energy, better sleep and a happier tummy.
About Emily Roach
Live your healthiest life, even when life gets busy. Discover how food can make you feel awesome. Boston ex-Pat in Toronto. Find free meal plan here every week.