This week’s meal plan focuses on vegetables. As the weather heats up it feels like the right time to make veggies a bigger focus on our plates. Plus it makes it easier to serve the kids a wide range of colors from the rainbow at each meal. They have been getting a little picky lately and the dinners this week are some of their favorites.
On a personal note, we recently shared with friends that we are moving to Canada. Toronto in fact. As we start sorting through our home, I found myself looking through my cookbook collection. There were some old favorites tucked away and I look forward to enjoying some recipes from them again. Which cookbooks are the must haves in your kitchen?
On the menu this week…
Monday: Veggie Fajita Tostada Bowl (recipe from Iowa Girl Eats )
- Everyone will get the same bowl and maybe this time our four year old will eat avocado slices
Tuesday: Roasted Shrimp with White Beans (recipe from Cooking Light)
- Serve over a bed of mixed greens
- Remember to soak the cannellini beans overnight!
Wednesday: Thai Chicken Salad (recipe) from Gimme Some Oven
- Such a winner topped with a peanut butter dressing. Switch to a seed butter for nut allergy households.
Thursday: Fajita Chicken Kebabs (recipe from Well Plated)
- This will be a great recipe to use up any of the vegetables we have leftover this week.
Friday: Pizza Night
- The timing for making your own pizza dough…start making it around 3:30 and then it will be ready after 4:30. Let it rise a little longer for a lighter crust.
For more inspiration, see three years of past dinner plan here,
Spring into Summer!
Join my community and get a free 3 Day Clean Eating Meal Plan. These are some of my favorite recipes when friends ask about how to eat better.
Your digestive health is the starting line for your total wellness. Use this 3 day guide to jump into clean eating and give your body a break. Your digestion will get the chance to work at an optimal level giving you more energy, better sleep, and even clearer skin.
- 3 Day Clean Eating Meal Plan
- Shopping List
- Recipes for 3 meals a day, PLUS snacks!
Join in today. Welcome!
About Emily Roach
Emily Roach is a culinary nutrition expert and works with clients to create a healthy lifestyle design. She loves teaching her kids how to cook, playing tennis and inspiring women to take control of their health. Emily does one-on-one consulting, cooking workshops and speaking engagements.