When we think about back-to-school it’s usually about getting the kids ready. But really it’s mom’s time to get ready for back to school. Here’s some quick tips for getting Mom ready for afterschool sports, birthday parties, meal planning and more.
School Zone at Home
- Pick a spot for backpacks. Have the kids leave them there when they get home and return them there after completing homework so they are ready for the morning.
- Put together a craft supply basket with scissors, pencils, markers, etc. to be used in a homework zone. Now is the time to stock up with back to school sales.
- Pick a Sunday afternoon to put together a few freezer meals for when life gets busy and you don’t have time to make dinner.
- A new notebook and meal planning printables are a great way to stay organized. Make notes of what dinners are favorites and incorporate them into your week’s meal plan.
- Pinterest is my go-to for meal planning. You can find my meal plan posts here and dinner recipes here. If you need some lunch box inspiration, head over to my Lunch Love board.
- Schedule one or two in advance so you can plan for some free time to check things off your list.
- Mom contact cards make connecting easy on the playground or in passing at pickup time.
After school activities
- Pack a bag in advance with sports gear, clean and ready to go. (Pack second small bag for siblings if they will be hanging out waiting)
- Keep some snacks ready to go and prepackaged so getting out the door is a little easier.
- Buy a few gifts at a time for a certain age group so you are always ready
- Gift tags are handy to have on hand and personalize a store wrapped gift.
To help get Moms (and Dads) ready for Back to School season, Tiny Prints is offering a great package of products to get you started! The giveaway is up to a $97 value!
- 5 sets of 24 gift tag stickers
- 1 – 5×8 lined notebook
- 100 – mommy/play date/contact cards
Giveaway is open until August 22nd to US and Canada residents only. (Canada must pay for shipping~ sorry!) Please enter using the Rafflecopter below.
Get another chance to win by entering Tiny Prints Back to School contest for another $200 in prizes! Contest is open until August 28th.
I will also be receiving my own customized Tiny Prints back to school package…I can’t wait to pick out some new labels for the kids and I will get new mommy cards with all THREE kids names on them! All opinions shared here are my own.
50 Snacks for Energy
Snacks for the whole family are important and deserve some planning. Moms need snacks too! Get my list of 50 healthy ideas to stock in your kitchen and plan them for yourself, and the lunch boxes this week. Skip the processed stuff and give yourself better quality food. Get ready for more energy, better sleep and a happier tummy.
About Emily Roach
Live your healthiest life, even when life gets busy. Discover how food can make you feel awesome. Boston ex-Pat in Toronto. Find free meal plan here every week.