What a whirlwind. Blogher 2012 was an amazing experience, but not for the faint of heart. It’s busy, crowded, fun, and hectic, all while offering 5000 women a chance to learn more about social media.
Here are some pictures and some highs and lows of the event. Next year it’s in Chicago…maybe, maybe not.
1. Awesome time with the Needham Mamas, Nikki, Amanda and Lollie. You kept me grounded. Thank you up down and sideways.
2. Building relationships with other Boston Parent Bloggers. Everyone kept saying they were jealous of our group.
3. Experience talking with brands, both those I like and those I didn’t.
4. Stonyfield event hosted by Lori and Micaela. Awesome party and so nice to start the event off with other eco-minded bloggers.
5. Seeing Martha Stewart speak and have her walk by me five feet away.
6. Train ride on the Acela was so productive, both there and back. We had our own Geek Bar session for a total of 6 hours. No waiting lists necessary.
7. Learned about Squarespace, a new blogging platform. Decided it is not for me.
8. Realizing my passion for sharing information to parents to make healthy eating choices for their kids. Mindstream Academy event and others showed me how important it is to get out this message.
9. My makeover from the beauty expert to the stars, Mickey Williams.
|Read the Dead Pigeon story|
1. Waiting in line for elevators
2. Waiting an hour line to meet Martha Stewart. Then she only meet with 5 bloggers instead 100 as planned.
3. Getting kicked out of the Vlogging session with Catherine McCord from Weelicious.com. Tiniest room possible picked out for one of the most popular sessions.
4. Seeing all the wastefulness at the conference and hotel. I never saw one recycling bin the entire event and you know I was looking for them.
5. Excess paper use. There has got to be a better way to share coupons than needlessly stuffing them in everyone’s bag.
6. Hearing about people skipping out on the Geek Bar sessions they signed up for. Don’t take a spot if you don’t need it. Plenty of other people could use it.
7. The “dead pigeon” story.
8. Trying to pack inflated GoGo Squeeze balls for my kids. At least they were happy to receive them.
Thank you to all the many people who made this an amazing experience. So many great green bloggers, local bloggers and of course, my people.
Jumpstart your Energy!
Join my community and get a free 3 Day Clean Eating Meal Plan. These are some of my favorite recipes when friends ask about how to eat better.
Your digestive health is the starting line for your total wellness. Use this 3 day guide to jump into clean eating and give your body a break. Your digestion will get the chance to work at an optimal level giving you more energy, better sleep, and even clearer skin.
- 3 Day Clean Eating Meal Plan
- Shopping List
- Recipes for 3 meals a day, PLUS snacks!
Join in today. Welcome!
About Emily Roach
Emily Roach is a culinary nutrition expert and works with clients to create a healthy lifestyle design. She loves teaching her kids how to cook, playing tennis and inspiring women to take control of their health. Emily does one-on-one consulting, cooking workshops and speaking engagements.