I am taking a little time off from regular meal planning and I came across the summer meal planning list I pulled together last year. Having a list of go-to meals can be helpful as you look at the week ahead. Many of these dinners are barbecue friendly, and also great for hot summer nights when you don’t want to heat up the kitchen.
While I’m taking a break from regular meal planning posts, you can find all the past menu plan posts here. I am also spending a fair amount of time on Pinterest updating my favorite boards with new recipe inspiration. I’ve reorganized my boards so it’s easier to find some recipe inspiration. I’m loving my new Salad board and Beverage board where I’m storing all my new favorite smoothie recipes.
Here are some of my go-to dinner ideas for when the days are lazy and long and it’s too hot to stay in the kitchen.
And get the free printable with bonus ideas so you can hang it on your fridge this summer as a reminder!
- Hamburgers with native corn
- Grilled Chicken with a salad and homemade salad dressing.
- Waldorf Chicken Salad Sandwiches (grill extra chicken the first night, use leftovers for the second.)
- Grilled/ Pan seared Fish. All fish usually needs is a little olive oil and salt and pepper for the grill.
- Fish Sandwiches
- Steak Tips with grilled zucchini or summer squash
- Grilled Pork Tenderloin
- Mac and Cheese with ham and corn for lazy nights.
- Hot Dogs. (We buy Applegate or something with no nitrates/nitrites)
- Pulled Pork Sandwiches (slow cooker)
- Salsa Chicken (slow cooker)
- Frittata with fresh veggies and herbs
- Boiled Lobster Dinner (a splurge for some, or free for us when I get them from my Dad. My kids LOVE lobster!)
- Grilled Pizza with pre-made dough from the freezer.
- Pesto Pasta with stir fried chicken. (Recipe for Homemade Basil Pesto)
50 Snacks for Energy
Snacks for the whole family are important and deserve some planning. Moms need snacks too! Get my list of 50 healthy ideas to stock in your kitchen and plan them for yourself, and the lunch boxes this week. Skip the processed stuff and give yourself better quality food. Get ready for more energy, better sleep and a happier tummy.
About Emily Roach
Live your healthiest life, even when life gets busy. Discover how food can make you feel awesome. Boston ex-Pat in Toronto. Find free meal plan here every week.