This week’s menu theme is a spring gluten free meal plan. I hear from many readers their questions about adopting a gluten-free lifestyle, and what does that mean? What will they eat? I hope the recipes in this week’s gluten free meal plan help you understand that it doesn’t need to be complicated. There are simple swaps to make, and the emphasis is on adding more plants to your plate.
There are a couple of helpful gluten-free swaps I want to mention. Here’s a list of products you want to switch out if you are trying a 100% gluten free meal plan.
- soy sauce—> use tamari, or coconut aminos
- worcestershire sauce –> coconut aminos
- whole wheat pasta –> use brown rice, kamut, or quinoa pasta
- corn starch–> arrowroot starch
- flour–> the swap depends on the recipe. I often use almond flour or coconut flour.
- bread –>brown rice tortillas, or use vegetables as buns, like sweet potatoes or portobello mushrooms
- shredded cheese –>bagged cheese often has cellulose/flour to prevent it from caking. Shred your own.
This is just a starter list. When I work with clients making a major overhaul, we go through the whole pantry so I can teach you how to read labels and avoid the places where gluten is hiding. I’ve created gluten free meal plans for clients with children who have been diagnosed with celiac disease, autism, and attention deficit disorder. These custom gluten free meal plans cover the full day of meals and snacks, and below are some of the recipe inspiration I used for my latest plans.
Gluten Free Meal Plan
- Rosemary Braised Short Ribs, with a cauliflower mash and sauteed snow peas.
- Black Bean Tacos-look for organic tacos or corn tortillas to avoid GMO’s.
- Sheet Plan Mustard Maple Salmon
- Spiced and Seared Flank Steak with Carrot Mash
- Pesto with sauteed shrimp over zucchini noodles (or gluten free pasta)
- Kid-friendly pasta with sneaky protein!
What’s your favorite recipe here on this week’s spring gluten free meal plan? As asparagus arrive at the farmers markets, it’s time to mix them into your weekly meals. If you wish to talk about a custom meal plan for you or your family, send me an email at email@example.com. Let me sort through recipes, map it out, and save you some time in the kitchen.
Spring into Summer!
Join my community and get a free 3 Day Clean Eating Meal Plan. These are some of my favorite recipes when friends ask about how to eat better.
Your digestive health is the starting line for your total wellness. Use this 3 day guide to jump into clean eating and give your body a break. Your digestion will get the chance to work at an optimal level giving you more energy, better sleep, and even clearer skin.
- 3 Day Clean Eating Meal Plan
- Shopping List
- Recipes for 3 meals a day, PLUS snacks!
Join in today. Welcome!
About Emily Roach
Emily Roach is a culinary nutrition expert and works with clients to create a healthy lifestyle design. She loves teaching her kids how to cook, playing tennis and inspiring women to take control of their health. Emily does one-on-one consulting, cooking workshops and speaking engagements.