It may be winter, but a delicious smoothie still is a perfect snack. My kids are loving them and I am happy to use up some leftovers produce from the refrigerator. Our new favorite recipe is the spiced pumpkin smoothie recipe. It offers a healthy dose of vitamins A and C, which helps support a healthy immune system. Perfect for this time of year!
- 3/4 cup orange juice
- 1 cup low-fat vanilla yogurt (Stonyfield French Vanilla blends was great)
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 2 bananas, quartered and frozen
- 1 cup ice cubes
- Add ingredients to the blender in the order listed.
- Select "Smoothie" setting on a Blendtec, or a comparable setting.
50 Snacks for Energy
Snacks for the whole family are important and deserve some planning. Moms need snacks too! Get my list of 50 healthy ideas to stock in your kitchen and plan them for yourself, and the lunch boxes this week. Skip the processed stuff and give yourself better quality food. Get ready for more energy, better sleep and a happier tummy.
About Emily Roach
Live your healthiest life, even when life gets busy. Discover how food can make you feel awesome. Boston ex-Pat in Toronto. Find free meal plan here every week.