It may be winter, but a delicious smoothie still is a perfect snack. My kids are loving them and I am happy to use up some leftovers produce from the refrigerator. Our new favorite recipe is the spiced pumpkin smoothie recipe. It offers a healthy dose of vitamins A and C, which helps support a healthy immune system. Perfect for this time of year!
- 3/4 cup orange juice
- 1 cup low-fat vanilla yogurt (Stonyfield French Vanilla blends was great)
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 2 bananas, quartered and frozen
- 1 cup ice cubes
- Add ingredients to the blender in the order listed.
- Select "Smoothie" setting on a Blendtec, or a comparable setting.
Have a healthy Holiday!
Want to feel awesome heading into 2018? There are things you can do now to stay healthy during the holiday season.
Grab my free download with quick tips and advice. Get ready to rock the New Year!
About Emily Roach
Emily Roach is a culinary nutrition expert and works with clients to create a healthy lifestyle design. She loves teaching her kids how to cook, playing tennis and inspiring women to take control of their health. Emily does one-on-one consulting, cooking workshops and speaking engagements.