My head is still swimming a bit from all the new information and people I learned from over my time at Blissdom last week. There were speakers, workshops, and great conversations at lunch. The highlight of the weekend though was the kick-off keynote speaker, Scott Stratten. I couldn’t write about Blissdom until I wrote about what I learned from Scott’s motivating talk.
- Brands shouldn’t just be awesome to influencers, they should be awesome to everyone.
- Marketing is not a task, it’s a verb.
- Knowledge plus passion equals profit.
- Don’t treat Twitter as a broadcasting tool. It should be about 75% replies.
- The secret to social is to be social.
- Branding happens in real-time. Don’t get burned by not having alerts set up to see if someone is talking about your business.
- Humanize your brand.
- The best time to post is when you have something to say.
- Pinterest works because of passion, not profit.
- Don’t use technology because you can, use it because you should.
Scott knew his audience was filled with bloggers and social influencers at many different levels. I appreciated his passion for making businesses better, while making sure his ideas are practical and thoughtful to a wide audience. If I get the chance to hear him again, I will jump on it.
In the meantime, you can find Scott on Twitter and I’m just getting started reading his book The Book of Business Awesome / The Book of Business UnAwesome. I’ll share a little more about the overall Blissdom experience in my next post.
3-day Reset Meal Plan
Subscribe to my newsletter and get a free 3 Day Reset Meal Plan.
Your digestive health is the starting line for your total wellness.
- 3 Day Meal Plan
- Shopping List
- Recipes for 3 meals a day, PLUS snacks!
About Emily Roach
Emily Roach is a culinary nutrition expert and works with clients to create a healthy lifestyle design. She loves teaching her kids how to cook, playing tennis and inspiring women to take control of their health. Emily does one-on-one consulting, cooking workshops and speaking engagements.