My head is still swimming a bit from all the new information and people I learned from over my time at Blissdom last week. There were speakers, workshops, and great conversations at lunch. The highlight of the weekend though was the kick-off keynote speaker, Scott Stratten. I couldn’t write about Blissdom until I wrote about what I learned from Scott’s motivating talk.
- Brands shouldn’t just be awesome to influencers, they should be awesome to everyone.
- Marketing is not a task, it’s a verb.
- Knowledge plus passion equals profit.
- Don’t treat Twitter as a broadcasting tool. It should be about 75% replies.
- The secret to social is to be social.
- Branding happens in real-time. Don’t get burned by not having alerts set up to see if someone is talking about your business.
- Humanize your brand.
- The best time to post is when you have something to say.
- Pinterest works because of passion, not profit.
- Don’t use technology because you can, use it because you should.
Scott knew his audience was filled with bloggers and social influencers at many different levels. I appreciated his passion for making businesses better, while making sure his ideas are practical and thoughtful to a wide audience. If I get the chance to hear him again, I will jump on it.
In the meantime, you can find Scott on Twitter and I’m just getting started reading his book The Book of Business Awesome / The Book of Business UnAwesome. I’ll share a little more about the overall Blissdom experience in my next post.
50 Snacks for Energy
Snacks for the whole family are important and deserve some planning. Moms need snacks too! Get my list of 50 healthy ideas to stock in your kitchen and plan them for yourself, and the lunch boxes this week. Skip the processed stuff and give yourself better quality food. Get ready for more energy, better sleep and a happier tummy.
About Emily Roach
Live your healthiest life, even when life gets busy. Discover how food can make you feel awesome. Boston ex-Pat in Toronto. Find free meal plan here every week.