Skip the drive thru and the frozen food aisle. Here is an easy chicken nugget recipe that is both kid, and husband, friendly. I grew up eating these and I have hardly tweaked the original recipe from the Eater’s Choice cookbook. Now I make sure to cook enough so there is leftovers for the kids lunches.
A note about breadcrumbs. I use the heels of my bread and pulse them in the food processor. I have also used panko breadcrumbs as well and they come out just as crunchy.
- 3-4 Boneless Chicken Breasts
- 2 Tbl Olive Oil
- 2 Garlic Cloves
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- 1 Cup Breadcrumbs (2-3 pieces of bread)
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- Dipping Sauce~ 2½ Tsp Honey and 2 Tbl Dijon Mustard
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Cut chicken into bite size pieces, about 8 pieces per breast.
- Mix oil, garlic, pepper and chicken in a zip top bag and marinate about 30 minutes. (You can do it in the morning and let it sit till evening, or just marinate for a few minutes, it doesn't make a huge difference in taste.)
- Mix breadcrumbs with cayenne pepper. Roll chicken pieces in bread crumbs and place on a large cookie sheet. I line my cookie sheet with parchment paper to make clean up easy.
- Bake 15-17 minutes until lightly browned and cooked through.
- Use honey mustard sauce or ketchup for dipping.
Enjoy this healthy homemade chicken nugget recipe. I’ve been eating this version since I was a kid!
3-day Reset Meal Plan
Subscribe to my newsletter and get a free 3 Day Reset Meal Plan.
Your digestive health is the starting line for your total wellness.
- 3 Day Meal Plan
- Shopping List
- Recipes for 3 meals a day, PLUS snacks!
About Emily Roach
Emily Roach is a culinary nutrition expert and works with clients to create a healthy lifestyle design. She loves teaching her kids how to cook, playing tennis and inspiring women to take control of their health. Emily does one-on-one consulting, cooking workshops and speaking engagements.