Homemade Granola Bars
Recipe type: Snack
- ½ cup butter
- ½ cup honey
- ½ cup applesauce
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 4½ cups oats
- 1½ cups white whole wheat flour
- ½ cup sunflower seeds
- ½ cup unsweetened coconut
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup cranberries (or other add ins)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Line a 13 x 9 pan with parchment paper, or grease well.
- Melt first four ingredients in a medium saucepan.
- Mix balance of ingredients in a large bowl.
- Add melted butter mixture to the oatmeal mixture. Stir until well mixed.
- Pour mixture into prepared pan. Press down on the mixture to ensure bars stick together.
- Bake 15-20 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Let cool completely before cutting. Store in an airtight container.
If you bake this at 300 degrees with granola, bake for 22 minutes.
Recipe by Emily Roach Wellness and Nutrition at http://emilyaroach.com/kid-approved-granola-bars/