Recipe type: slow cooker
- 2 frozen chicken breasts
- 1 - 28oz can diced tomatoes
- 1 - 10oz can enchilada sauce
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 - 4oz can chopped green chile peppers (use mild if kids are eating)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 - 32oz container chicken broth
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 - 10oz package frozen corn
- 1 can black beans rinsed and drained
- 1 Tbsp chopped cilantro
- Place everything into a slow-cooker except the cilantro. Stir.
- Cover and cook on High setting for 5 hours.
- One half hour before serving remove chicken from soup and shred using two forks. Put chicken back into soup and stir. Let cook for remaining time.
- Top soup with sour cream, shredded cheese, tortilla chips, avocado slices, chopped cilantro and lime wedges.
Recipe by Emily Roach Wellness and Nutrition at http://emilyaroach.com/monday-meal-plan-march-30/