It’s pumpkin season! Did you know it’s really easy to make your own pumpkin puree? No worrying about BPA in cans, it’s super fresh and maybe even local. All you need is some sugar pumpkins, an oven and a blender.
1. Wash your pumpkins off and place on a baking sheet.
2. Using a strong sharp knife, stab the pumpkin about 6-8 times.
3. Bake in a 350 degree oven for 1 1/2 hours or until fork tender.
4. Let pumpkins cool until they are easy to handle. Slice in half horizontally.
5. Scoop out just the seeds and connecting membrane.
6. The pumpkin flesh leftover can be scooped out into a food processor or blender. Compost the outer skin.
50 Snacks for Energy
Snacks for the whole family are important and deserve some planning. Moms need snacks too! Get my list of 50 healthy ideas to stock in your kitchen and plan them for yourself, and the lunch boxes this week. Skip the processed stuff and give yourself better quality food. Get ready for more energy, better sleep and a happier tummy.
About Emily Roach
Live your healthiest life, even when life gets busy. Discover how food can make you feel awesome. Boston ex-Pat in Toronto. Find free meal plan here every week.