It’s pumpkin season! Did you know it’s really easy to make your own pumpkin puree? No worrying about BPA in cans, it’s super fresh and maybe even local. All you need is some sugar pumpkins, an oven and a blender.
1. Wash your pumpkins off and place on a baking sheet.
2. Using a strong sharp knife, stab the pumpkin about 6-8 times.
3. Bake in a 350 degree oven for 1 1/2 hours or until fork tender.
4. Let pumpkins cool until they are easy to handle. Slice in half horizontally.
5. Scoop out just the seeds and connecting membrane.
6. The pumpkin flesh leftover can be scooped out into a food processor or blender. Compost the outer skin.
Spring into Summer!
Join my community and get a free 3 Day Clean Eating Meal Plan. These are some of my favorite recipes when friends ask about how to eat better.
Your digestive health is the starting line for your total wellness. Use this 3 day guide to jump into clean eating and give your body a break. Your digestion will get the chance to work at an optimal level giving you more energy, better sleep, and even clearer skin.
- 3 Day Clean Eating Meal Plan
- Shopping List
- Recipes for 3 meals a day, PLUS snacks!
Join in today. Welcome!
About Emily Roach
Emily Roach is a culinary nutrition expert and works with clients to create a healthy lifestyle design. She loves teaching her kids how to cook, playing tennis and inspiring women to take control of their health. Emily does one-on-one consulting, cooking workshops and speaking engagements.