|Cuisinart Electric Pressure Cooker|
|Saute risotto right in the pressure cooker.|
- I can cook a whole chicken in about 25 minutes, plus I got some amazing broth from it. At $1.99/lb at Whole Foods on sale, this is a great cost saver.
- Beans. They are cheap, healthy, frugal and cook super fast in the pressure cooker. No soaking necessary. Not a bean fan, this works fast for rice too. 10 minutes for brown rice.
- I can make Risotto during the week with kids hanging off my leg. Amazing.
- Baby Food and Transitional Toddler food. Sweet Potatoes cook in 6 minutes. They are the perfect consistency for either mashing into baby food or keep them cubed for the little guy learning to feed himself.
- Beef Stew under an hour. Now who doesn’t like quick comfort food? This will be even better when we have a winter with snow 😉
The Cuisinart Electric Pressure Cooker is well designed since it allows for easy clean-up, a keep-warm function for when you let something finish cooking with the Natural Pressure Release option (this can take up to 15 minutes so factor that into your timing), and the digital format is super easy to use. There is no need to wonder if you have the right pressure as you do with the stove top options available. I like the ability to set a timer and walk away. If you have little kids, you totally understand the dinner challenge. While I LOVE to cook, I don’t love to do it when I feel like I’m not giving the kids the attention they are craving at the end of the day.
|Parmesan Shrimp Risotto|
I love to hear your feedback and comments. Stop by and visit the Facebook page or Twitter for updates! Or get posts delivered via Email or RSS Feed. Thanks!
Spring into Summer!
Join my community and get a free 3 Day Clean Eating Meal Plan. These are some of my favorite recipes when friends ask about how to eat better.
Your digestive health is the starting line for your total wellness. Use this 3 day guide to jump into clean eating and give your body a break. Your digestion will get the chance to work at an optimal level giving you more energy, better sleep, and even clearer skin.
- 3 Day Clean Eating Meal Plan
- Shopping List
- Recipes for 3 meals a day, PLUS snacks!
Join in today. Welcome!
About Emily Roach
Emily Roach is a culinary nutrition expert and works with clients to create a healthy lifestyle design. She loves teaching her kids how to cook, playing tennis and inspiring women to take control of their health. Emily does one-on-one consulting, cooking workshops and speaking engagements.