Ever try to make your own Tomato Soup? After reading the label on my favorite tomato soup, I decided to test out other organic options. Nothing ever hit the mark. I’ve cooked it before on the stove and never really been happy with the results. Finally tried it in the crock pot and it came out fabulous! I served it alongside grilled cheese sandwiches for a simple dinner one night, then added barley to it to make it into a lunch.
1. In a large skillet, melt the butter on medium heat. Add onion and cook for about 15 minutes until softened. Stir often. (Or, set slow cooker to saute and complete this task in the main cooker.)
2. Add tomatoes (do not drain), wine, sugar and tarragon into the crock pot. Add onion and butter. Cover and cook on Low for 5 hours.
3. Puree using an Immersion Blender
or in a blender in batches. Season with salt. Serve with cold sour cream.
Spring into Summer!
Join my community and get a free 3 Day Clean Eating Meal Plan. These are some of my favorite recipes when friends ask about how to eat better.
Your digestive health is the starting line for your total wellness. Use this 3 day guide to jump into clean eating and give your body a break. Your digestion will get the chance to work at an optimal level giving you more energy, better sleep, and even clearer skin.
- 3 Day Clean Eating Meal Plan
- Shopping List
- Recipes for 3 meals a day, PLUS snacks!
Join in today. Welcome!
About Emily Roach
Emily Roach is a culinary nutrition expert and works with clients to create a healthy lifestyle design. She loves teaching her kids how to cook, playing tennis and inspiring women to take control of their health. Emily does one-on-one consulting, cooking workshops and speaking engagements.