If you are stuck inside during a blizzard, you must make cookies. Not only is it a fun activity to keep the kids busy, but it makes the whole house smell delicious. In honor of Valentine’s Day, I made these red and white Cranberry White Chocolate Cookies. They are easy to make, delicious, and a nice departure from your everyday chocolate chip cookie.
Delicious cookies with a little red and white to celebrate Valentine's Day.
- 1 stick of butter, softened
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs (room temperature)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour (or white whole wheat flour)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 1/2 cups dried cranberries
- 1 1/2 cups white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large bowl, mix together the flour, baking soda, and salt. Whisk to combine.
- Beat the butter and sugar together in a mix until well blended. Add eggs, one at a time until combined. Add vanilla and milk.
- Slowly add the flour mixture on a low speed setting. Mix until just combined.
- Fold in cranberries and white chocolate chips.
- Drop large spoonfuls of cookie dough onto parchment or silpat lined cookie sheets.
- Bake 13-15 minutes. Let rest two minutes on cookie sheet, then transfer to cooling racks.
- (I bake two racks at a time and use my convection oven setting. Halfway through I switch the trays so they bake evenly.)
Adapted from Table for Two.
Shared with Melt in Your Mouth Monday.
Spring into Summer!
Join my community and get a free 3 Day Clean Eating Meal Plan. These are some of my favorite recipes when friends ask about how to eat better.
Your digestive health is the starting line for your total wellness. Use this 3 day guide to jump into clean eating and give your body a break. Your digestion will get the chance to work at an optimal level giving you more energy, better sleep, and even clearer skin.
- 3 Day Clean Eating Meal Plan
- Shopping List
- Recipes for 3 meals a day, PLUS snacks!
Join in today. Welcome!
About Emily Roach
Emily Roach is a culinary nutrition expert and works with clients to create a healthy lifestyle design. She loves teaching her kids how to cook, playing tennis and inspiring women to take control of their health. Emily does one-on-one consulting, cooking workshops and speaking engagements.