Here are the upcoming cooking workshops I’ll be hosting in my home in Needham, MA. As a culinary nutrition expert, I’ll be walking you through a variety of themes that all help you feel your best. Learning how to make new foods is fun with friends so please share invitations with them as well.
November: The Snack Workshop
Join me in the kitchen as we clean up the snack bin! Learn how to make some new recipes that will please you and your kids! I’ll introduce you to some new flavors and food items. You’ll also walk away with the knowledge of how to read nutrition labels on packaged snack items.
- Energy ball ideas, including nut-free/school-safe options
- Probiotic gummy snacks
- Homemade apple chips and fruit leather
- Chocolate hummus
- and more!
- Tuesday November 28th 11:00am-1:00pm
- Thursday November 30th 7:00pm-9:00pm
Space is limited and is reserved on a first come, first served basis. The class cost is $40 and includes the cost of materials.
December: Healthy Holiday Baking
*class dates to be announced
Past Cooking Classes
October: Healing Soups and Broth
Healing Broths and Soups is our October theme since we could all use some warming goodness at this time of year. This will be a hands-on workshop for you to learn new skills, taste test new recipes, and bring home soup samples to share with your loved ones. During our cooking time, I’ll also be giving you tips and strategies to upgrade your healthy habits.
Thank You so much for an absolutely fabulous workshop. Very informative and fun. I was amazed at how easy and simple it is to make soup your way!I am no longer in the dark when it comes to healthy, great tasting soup broth. Enjoying the soup I came home with. ~Nadine M.
CULINARY WORKSHOP UPCOMING EVENTS
Immunity Boosting Workshop-tips for avoiding the dreaded cold and flu season in your home with nourishing recipes for everyone in the family
- I’ll teach you how your gut health affects your immune fighting abilities.
- Learn how to create your own elderberry syrup, bone broth, and medicinal teas to fight the germs off.
- Discover the difference between pre and probiotics.
- Get into the kitchen and make some immune boosting soups, teas, tinctures, and more.
Healing Elixirs-what to drink besides coffee, water, and wine to get you through the day
- Beverages to add to your morning routine to boost your energy, and they don’t include coffee!
- Milder caffeine and non-caffiene alternatives to your morning joe
- Learn why you may want to use ACV and bitters
- Adaptogens and how to use them in your beverages throughout the day
- Taste test many beverages and learn how to make them yourself!
Mastering your Meal Prep-10 ways to make your life easier in the kitchen every week
- What makes a good meal plan? It’s not the same for every family.
- Ingredients to prep ahead versus meals to prep ahead.
- What I make on a weekly basis and how to do it in your kitchen. Including homemade almond milk!
- Prepare some goodies to restock the snack shelf that are gluten-free, sugar-free, and package free.
Healthy Holiday Baking-delicious and decadent holiday desserts without the guilt
- How to swap ingredients to align with dairy free and gluten free goals?
- Gluten free flours explained
- Natural sweeteners and how to use them
- Prepare some desserts to sample and prepare you for the holiday baking season.
Healing Soups and Broths-warming, nourishing soups to boost your energy.
- Savory soups may be just what you need for breakfast, and why.
- How to make your own bone broth using slow cookers or Instant Pots
- Use the fall vegetables from your CSA and farmer’s market in a new way.
- Learn why I recommend a soup cleanse versus a juice cleanse.
Detox for Beauty-nourishing beauty treatments and routines to help make your skin glow.
- How nutrition changes can benefit your skin’s appearance.
- Is charcoal worth the hype?
- Why do we need to consider our skin microbiome, not just the gut?
- Learn how dry brushing helps detox our bodies.
If you are interested in hosting one of these cooking classes in your home or workspace, please contact me at email@example.com to discuss the details.
Please send me an email if you have a food allergy or intolerance I should be made aware of. Fresh, local, organic ingredients are used in class when possible. If a class is not full it may need to be moved to a later day. Space is limited and spots will be reserved on a first come, first served basis. Please select your class via the link here.
Have a healthy Holiday!
Want to feel awesome heading into 2018? There are things you can do now to stay healthy during the holiday season.
Grab my free download with quick tips and advice. Get ready to rock the New Year!
About Emily Roach
Emily Roach is a culinary nutrition expert and works with clients to create a healthy lifestyle design. She loves teaching her kids how to cook, playing tennis and inspiring women to take control of their health. Emily does one-on-one consulting, cooking workshops and speaking engagements.