Have you ever felt intimidated about bringing a baby to the beach? While it’s not always the easiest adventure, I wanted to share with you a few of our must pack items. We are preparing for our annual beach vacation, this time with a newborn in tow. Here are some tips to make life on the beach with a baby a little easier on everyone.
- Beach Hats – always pack more than one as they often get wet or sandy
- Coverup swim suits are much easier than trying to keep up with sunscreen on wiggly, wet babies. If your baby is old enough to play in a little water, pack two suits.
- Beach Tent– get one with a SPF rating of 50+
- Sunscreen Blanket – I bought one from Coolibar to try and I bought one for my sister from Isis Parenting.
- Aden and Anais blankets are a must. They work as a nursing cover, and also to cover a stroller on a walk.
- Umbrella – get a good one. Ours is from Coolibar that has a high SPF. The cheap ones don’t give great sun protection and they are also tricky in the wind. We also use a sand anchor with our umbrella to make it secure.
- Water Bottle for Mom, especially if you are nursing. I love my new Lifefactory glass water bottle I ordered. The flip top cap to make it easy to me to drink it on the go.
- Cover Up for Mom. If you stay cool, baby will stay cool.
- Safe sunscreen for both baby and Mom. Avoid using a cheaper chemical based sunscreen on your body and just the safe stuff for baby. Babies often fall asleep against your chest and can have a bad reaction to sunscreen from your body. (Ask me how I know…)
- Stroller- a bassinet (or pram) stroller gives newborn babies a little more breathing room. I don’t suggest using the car seat for newborns as they get too hot strapped in during a nap.
What else would you add to the list? Let me know if you have any questions about bringing baby to the beach!
There are a couple of affiliate links included in this post, however all items featured were purchased by me and not included as a review.
3-day Reset Meal Plan
Subscribe to my newsletter and get a free 3 Day Reset Meal Plan.
Your digestive health is the starting line for your total wellness.
- 3 Day Meal Plan
- Shopping List
- Recipes for 3 meals a day, PLUS snacks!
About Emily Roach
Emily Roach is a culinary nutrition expert and works with clients to create a healthy lifestyle design. She loves teaching her kids how to cook, playing tennis and inspiring women to take control of their health. Emily does one-on-one consulting, cooking workshops and speaking engagements.