Have you ever felt intimidated about bringing a baby to the beach? While it’s not always the easiest adventure, I wanted to share with you a few of our must pack items. We are preparing for our annual beach vacation, this time with a newborn in tow. Here are some tips to make life on the beach with a baby a little easier on everyone.
- Beach Hats – always pack more than one as they often get wet or sandy
- Coverup swim suits are much easier than trying to keep up with sunscreen on wiggly, wet babies. If your baby is old enough to play in a little water, pack two suits.
- Beach Tent– get one with a SPF rating of 50+
- Sunscreen Blanket – I bought one from Coolibar to try and I bought one for my sister from Isis Parenting.
- Aden and Anais blankets are a must. They work as a nursing cover, and also to cover a stroller on a walk.
- Umbrella – get a good one. Ours is from Coolibar that has a high SPF. The cheap ones don’t give great sun protection and they are also tricky in the wind. We also use a sand anchor with our umbrella to make it secure.
- Water Bottle for Mom, especially if you are nursing. I love my new Lifefactory glass water bottle I ordered. The flip top cap to make it easy to me to drink it on the go.
- Cover Up for Mom. If you stay cool, baby will stay cool.
- Safe sunscreen for both baby and Mom. Avoid using a cheaper chemical based sunscreen on your body and just the safe stuff for baby. Babies often fall asleep against your chest and can have a bad reaction to sunscreen from your body. (Ask me how I know…)
- Stroller- a bassinet (or pram) stroller gives newborn babies a little more breathing room. I don’t suggest using the car seat for newborns as they get too hot strapped in during a nap.
What else would you add to the list? Let me know if you have any questions about bringing baby to the beach!
There are a couple of affiliate links included in this post, however all items featured were purchased by me and not included as a review.
Ready to Rock the Holidays?
Want to feel awesome heading into 2018? There are things you can do now to stay healthy during the holiday season. Avoid gaining weight, indulge with the right mindset, and keep your immunity up.
Grab my free cheat sheet with quick tips, favorite products, and advice. Get ready to rock the New Year as your best self yet!
About Emily Roach
Emily Roach is a culinary nutrition expert and works with clients to create a healthy lifestyle design. She loves teaching her kids how to cook, playing tennis and inspiring women to take control of their health. Emily does one-on-one consulting, cooking workshops and speaking engagements.