I had the opportunity to check out the Royal Sonesta Boston hotel last weekend for a Boston Social Media holiday party. The hotel welcomed a group of local bloggers and their families for an afternoon of fun and great company. From the moment we entered the hotel, the staff was super nice and had the event well organized. I always love seeing hotels decorated for Christmas and took the opportunity to click a quick one of the kids in front of one the many decorated trees at the hotel.
Here are a few fun facts I learned about the Royal Sonesta Boston.
- The hotel is great for kids. The indoor pool alone is a winner.
- They have a composting program!
- Lots of new green initiatives are in work for each hotel room.
- They buy local when possible. The bar tools were purchased from a local shop in Somerville.
- They make their own sodas. We had the Pomegranate Lime Black Pepper soda and it was amazing.
- They give kids homemade play dough at their restaurants instead of paper and crayons.
- The restaurants partner with local farmers to create farm to table inspired menus.
The event was a blast for both the kids and adults. The kids were entertained with crafts, play dough making, and cookie decorating. The adults enjoyed a civilized lunch while the babysitters from UrbanSitter watched our little ones. Ice cream sandwiches with homemade cookies finished off the lovely afternoon.
Thank you to the Royal Sonesta Hotel for hosting us, and Niri and Isra for coordinating it all. Go team #BSMHoliday! To hear more about our Boston Social Media parties, here is my friend Lori from Groovy Green Livin’s recap. She shares more about what this group means to all of us.
I also want to mention our group has partnered with three charities for the holidays. Toys for Tots (we packed the bins at Burton’s Grill on Tuesday night!), Pediatric Cancer research and we adopted two families who were devastated by Superstorm Sandy. If you are a tweeter, if you send out a tweet with the hashtag #Aflackids, Aflac will donate $2 towards pediatric cancer research for every tweet this holiday season.
Disclosure: We attended a complimentary event at the hotel. All opinions shared here are my own.
Jumpstart your Energy!
Join my community and get a free 3 Day Clean Eating Meal Plan. These are some of my favorite recipes when friends ask how to begin eating better.
Use this 3 day guide to jump into clean eating and give your body a break. Your digestion will get the chance to work at an optimal level giving you more energy, better sleep, and even clearer skin.
- 3 Day Clean Eating Meal Plan
- Shopping List
- Recipes for 3 meals a day, PLUS snacks!
- Join our free Facebook community
Join me today. Welcome!
About Emily Roach
Emily Roach is a culinary nutrition expert and works with clients to create a healthy lifestyle design. She loves teaching her kids how to cook, playing tennis and inspiring women to take control of their health. Emily does one-on-one consulting, cooking workshops and speaking engagements.