As the holiday season quickly approaches, I have been pulling together some of my reader’s favorite non-toy gift ideas. The list is great for a variety of ages, from children in preschool to teenagers in high school. I know a lot of parents are working hard to make the holidays less about “stuff.” Others want to limit the influx of “stuff” coming into their home. Our family falls into both camps, so I’m using this list as a starting point when family and friends ask about what to get the kids for Christmas.
- Sleeping bags
- Art supplies
- Magazine subscriptions (see ideas at the bottom of this post)
- Museum memberships
- Monogram bags
- Lunch box (Planetbox for older kids, Yumbox for younger ones)
- Personalized plates, water bottles, snack bags
- Lessons and the needed uniform or supplies
- Tickets to an event or zoo
- Ski passes and a new pair of ski equipment
- Bean bag chairs or child size furniture
- Craft box subscription (Kiwi Crate or Wummelbox)
- Beach towel
- Bird feeder
- Play rug
- Science kit
- Alarm Clock
- Bike and/or bike accessories
- Popsicle molds
- Back pack
What other ideas do you have? Please share them in the comments!
Here are some of the magazine subscription ideas. These are affiliate links through Amazon (and others in this post), which means if you make a purchase, a s.m.a.l.l. percentage comes back to this site at no cost to you. Thank you!
Ready to Rock the Holidays?
Want to feel awesome heading into 2018? There are things you can do now to stay healthy during the holiday season. Avoid gaining weight, indulge with the right mindset, and keep your immunity up.
Grab my free cheat sheet with quick tips, favorite products, and advice. Get ready to rock the New Year as your best self yet!
About Emily Roach
Emily Roach is a culinary nutrition expert and works with clients to create a healthy lifestyle design. She loves teaching her kids how to cook, playing tennis and inspiring women to take control of their health. Emily does one-on-one consulting, cooking workshops and speaking engagements.