Happy Earth Day 2013! While I believe Earth Day should be everyday, I do like being able to highlight easy ways to bring a little more green into your life. Getting kids outside to appreciate nature will make them good stewards of the Earth as they grow up. If they don’t get out and experience nature, they won’t be that motivated to help protect it.
Here’s my list of 25 Free Outdoor Activities for Kids, all battery-free!
- Bring an easel outside to paint or color on
- Chalk drawings
- Backyard baseball
- Soccer practice
- Enjoy a picnic lunch
- Swing set time
- Create an obstacle course
- Bug hunting
- Bird watching
- Identify plants and flowers
- Plant seeds
- Nature walk
- Wagon ride
- Neighborhood bike ride
- Sandbox castles
- Squirt bottle water drawings
- Bring musical instruments outside for a jam session
- Collect rocks to paint
- Take the dolls for a walk in their stroller or grocery cart
- Visit a duck pond
- Paint fences or walls with water
- Go puddle jumping when the opportunity arises
- Lay on a towel and look at the starts together
Which is your favorite activity to do with your kids? Anything else to add to the list?
50 Snacks for Energy
Snacks for the whole family are important and deserve some planning. Moms need snacks too! Get my list of 50 healthy ideas to stock in your kitchen and plan them for yourself, and the lunch boxes this week. Skip the processed stuff and give yourself better quality food. Get ready for more energy, better sleep and a happier tummy.
About Emily Roach
Live your healthiest life, even when life gets busy. Discover how food can make you feel awesome. Boston ex-Pat in Toronto. Find free meal plan here every week.