Happy Earth Day 2013! While I believe Earth Day should be everyday, I do like being able to highlight easy ways to bring a little more green into your life. Getting kids outside to appreciate nature will make them good stewards of the Earth as they grow up. If they don’t get out and experience nature, they won’t be that motivated to help protect it.
Here’s my list of 25 Free Outdoor Activities for Kids, all battery-free!
- Bring an easel outside to paint or color on
- Chalk drawings
- Backyard baseball
- Soccer practice
- Enjoy a picnic lunch
- Swing set time
- Create an obstacle course
- Bug hunting
- Bird watching
- Identify plants and flowers
- Plant seeds
- Nature walk
- Wagon ride
- Neighborhood bike ride
- Sandbox castles
- Squirt bottle water drawings
- Bring musical instruments outside for a jam session
- Collect rocks to paint
- Take the dolls for a walk in their stroller or grocery cart
- Visit a duck pond
- Paint fences or walls with water
- Go puddle jumping when the opportunity arises
- Lay on a towel and look at the starts together
Which is your favorite activity to do with your kids? Anything else to add to the list?
Jumpstart your Energy!
Join my community and get a free 3 Day Clean Eating Meal Plan. These are some of my favorite recipes when friends ask about how to eat better.
Your digestive health is the starting line for your total wellness. Use this 3 day guide to jump into clean eating and give your body a break. Your digestion will get the chance to work at an optimal level giving you more energy, better sleep, and even clearer skin.
- 3 Day Clean Eating Meal Plan
- Shopping List
- Recipes for 3 meals a day, PLUS snacks!
Join in today. Welcome!
About Emily Roach
Emily Roach is a culinary nutrition expert and works with clients to create a healthy lifestyle design. She loves teaching her kids how to cook, playing tennis and inspiring women to take control of their health. Emily does one-on-one consulting, cooking workshops and speaking engagements.